Tuesday 19 June 2012

It's so, so freaking green.

 After Finn was born, I was lucky in that I didn't have a great deal of trouble shifting some of the weight I'd collected along the way. He fed constantly, and in the first few months I sped back to my pre Finn (but post Thomas) weight. It's slowed a lot since then; I am still losing weight, but not nearly as quickly as I'd like to be. Also, after seven months of some pretty hefty sleep deprivation, I generally spend the morning feeling completely rotten. Caffeine isn't the healthiest of fixes, and to be honest wasn't cutting it, I needed something to serve as both a meal replacement to stop me feeling so fat and wobbly, and a morning pick me up.


So! I present to you, the green smoothie. Completely delicious, but kind of looks like the bottom of a lunch box after three months in a kid's school bag. Both kids had a bit and didn't complain, so it can't have been too awful. 

In this smoothie, you will find:

A handful of baby spinach leaves.
One banana
A handful of frozen blueberries.
Half a pear.
Half a mandarin.
About a tablespoon of chia seeds (pre-soaked in a little water to form a gel).
About 250ml of water.

Everything's raw to keep in the goodies, and blends up nice and smooth.


Finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment